MOM is acronym for Ministry of Manpower, the government department responsible for the management of foreign labor. It is divided into four branches (labor relations, labor welfare, labour policy and administrative services) by function, the Central Public Fund Bureau, and the National wages Council. At the same time, MOM is also responsible for the registration and authorization of pressure vessels and lifting equipment according to the Workplace Safety and Health Act (General).
●The following types of pressure vessels must be registered with the Occupational Health and Safety Department in accordance with the Workplace Safety and Health Code (GHS) and must be periodically inspected by an authorized examiner in accordance with the Workplace Safety and Health Act (General). 1. Gas storage tanks; 2.Steam collector; 3.Refrigeration equipment pressure vessel; 4.Steam boilers (including high-pressure sterilizers; 5.Economizer; 6.Superheater and so on.
If the relevant boilers and pressure vessels are manufactured overseas, the equipment must be inspected by an approved overseas inspection authority during construction. Singapore’s Ministry of Manpower (MOM) has approved us (CSEI) as an overseas inspection agency to provide the above inspection services in China.
MOM Certification process
1. Conduct design reviews in accordance with MOM-approved building codes (e.g. ASME Code VIII-1) (drawings and calculations;
2. Review manufacturing procedures and technical requirements, manufacturing quality control plans, etc., and establish inspection points;
3. Verify or inspect incoming materials;
4. Review welding process, process assessment record and welder assessment record;
5. Review of NDT procedures and personnel qualification records;
6. Random inspection in manufacturing process, such as weld group inspection, weld back chipping clearance inspection and size check etc.
7.Witness NDT or review NDT report / record;
8. Final appearance and dimension inspection, including internal and external inspection of the equipment;
9. Review heat treatment report (if applicable);
10. Witness final pressure test;
11. Review factory inspection records and reports;
12. Confirm the contents of the nameplate and the installation of the nameplate, mark and identify the item on the nameplate;