Pressure equipment exported to Australia (e.g. pressure vessels, heat exchangers, finned tube air coolers, boilers, reactors, gas storage tanks, condensers, beer fermenters, Pressure vessels and other pressurized systems in air conditioning plants shall comply with Australian Health and Safety at work (WHS) laws and regulations. If these pressure equipment fall within AS4343undefineds classification of AHBU C and D, they must be designed and registered with the competent authority of the State or territory where the equipment is installed and used in Australia prior to manufacture. According to the relevant law, the design of pressure equipment must be checked and verified by an independent design inspection organization. To ensure that the design conforms to the pressure vessel design code (AS1210 pressure vessel, ASME boiler and pressure vessel code, etc.) and meets basic safety requirements.
Australian regulators require that design validation be performed by a competent organization in the field of specifications or standards for the design and construction of equipment to be registered in the future. Asmi uses knowledge and experience in boiler and pressure vessel specifications to provide related services to major international boiler and pressure vessel specifications. We can provide design verification, inspection and registration services for pressure equipment exported to Australia.
AS Certification Process
1. Conduct design review (drawings and calculations) according to as 1210 design specification, and obtain design registration number of pressure equipment;
2. Review manufacturing procedures and technical requirements, manufacturing quality control plans, etc., and establish inspection points;
3. Verify or inspect incoming materials;
4. Review welding process, process assessment record and welder assessment record;
5. Review of NDT procedures and personnel qualification records;
6. Random inspection in manufacturing process, such as weld group inspection, weld back root clearance inspection and size check etc. ;
7.Witness NDT or review NDT report / record;
8. Final appearance and dimension inspection, including internal and external inspection of the equipment;
9. Review heat treatment report (if applicable);
10. Witness final pressure test;
11. Review factory inspection records and reports;
12. Confirm the contents of the nameplate and the installation of the nameplate, mark and identify the item on the nameplate;
13. Issue as certification certificate and data report.